LIVERPOOL

David Williams

Re: LIVERPOOL

Bericht door David Williams »

Leo,
I hope you do not mind me making a little query. As I think the cruise ship is BOUDICCA, is it possible the photo was taken on 27th April 2010. If it was, was the photo taken from the RoRo ferry NORBAY, while she was in Gladstone lock
Best Wishes

Dave
Leo Johannes

Bericht door Leo Johannes »

Hello Dave,

The photo was not taken from the RoRo ferry 'Norbay' but was taken on April 28, 2010, by my son Niels Johannes, master on the Dutch containerfeeder 'Encounter', operating for MacAndrews on the UK - Iberia service.

Best wishes,

Leo
Leo Johannes

Afbeelding

Afbeelding
Containerfeeder 'Encounter' entering Gladstone Lock, Liverpool. Photos: 28.04.2010 © Niels Johannes

mvg

Leo
David Williams

Bericht door David Williams »

Leo,
Thank you for your very quick reply, the reason I made the query is because my records show BOUDICCA arriving at Liverpool 27th April 2010, and it was because I was at Langton dock getting photos of her that I missed the arrival of ENCOUNTER at Gladstone lock, which was annoying, because I already had shots of her taken in 2008 and, I now, also have shots taken in 2011, so the 2010 images would have filled the gap. But, from your information, it would appear I have got the dates wrong. My congratulations to your son, his ship always looks very smart.
My thanks once again, to you and your son for the excellent images you show on this site.
Best Wishes

Dave
Leo Johannes

Afbeelding
Liverpool, Albert Dock, with the preserved estuarial coaster 'Wincham' - photo 09.12.2008, © Leo Johannes

mvg

Leo
Plaats reactie